Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top 10 Funniest Sleeping Stories

My housemate aka my roommate (:D) likes to sleep.  At his age of almost reaching “senior citizen” stage, he is still able to sleep more than 10 hours a day (hmm…. I really don’t understand).  And the best thing is, he can easily fall asleep whenever and wherever there is a chance.  It’d be quite unbelievable but I have quietly gathered his top 10 funniest sleeping stories.

# 10  Any Bus Trip

Whenever we go travelling on a bus trip, he will sure fall asleep once his body touches the seat on the coach.  He will miss all the scenery, snoring all the way and swing his head from left to right throughout the journey.  As a result, he always suffers from neck pain during overseas trips if there is bus ride.

#9   Kaesler Winery 

Picture says a thousand words – he wanted to feel the grass but fell asleep in less than 2 mins….zzz..

#8   Bondi Beach

During a trip to Sydney, we stayed in the city centre.  One day, we decided to take a cab to the famous Bondi Beach.  It took us 30 minutes and cost us A$30+ (one way) to reach the destination.  We sat on the beach watching people playing beach volley ball, etc.  It was so nice and relaxing when the sea breeze blew.  When the nice feeling was just about to evolve to a more romantic level, I heard snoring zzzz…..  He was lying on the beach fast asleep.  Luckily I brought my novel.  1 hour later, I woke him up, time to go back for dinner appointment.  Another 30 minutes and A$30+ to get back to the city centre.  Total travel time 1 hour and spent A$60+ (more than RM150!!!!) just to get to Bondi Beach to SLEEP!!!

A sleeping trip to Bondi Beach.
 
#7  Ferry & Typhoon

During a company trip, everybody was on a ferry from Macau to Hong Kong.  The ferry was rocking like nobody business due to the strong wind on the sea.  We overheard some local people talking about typhoon coming soon.  Everybody was so tensed up, but he was the only person snoring away with his head rocking in synchronization with the ferry movement.

#6   Lion King

During a trip to Los Angeles in 2001 together with our ex-housemate, Kelvin, we were so happy to find out that Lion King Musical was playing in Los Angeles.  Heard it was a really good show, therefore, we bought the most expensive tickets @ USD100 per ticket (RM350!! So expensive, 1st time ever, we used to buy half price tickets for musicals and plays in London).  Kelvin and I were totally excited about the show and we thoroughly enjoyed it while my hubby kept falling asleep and snoring beside me.  I had to “elbow” him and tell him not to waste money throughout the show.  Kill joy!! :(

He was fully awake before the show.
#5  Lasik

He went for eyes laser 7 years ago. During a checking prior to the surgery, the doctor gave him some eye drops and told him to relax and close his eyes for few seconds.  He fell asleep and snored in sitting position within that few seconds.

#4   10-Seater Jet Plane

2001 in Las Vegas, the main activity in Las Vegas was to gamble.  Sightseeing, shows, Factory Outlets, etc were all secondary.  But since we were there, it didn’t feel right and were incomplete if we didn’t take a trip to Grand Canyon.  In order to save time for maximizing his gambling opportunity, we took a half day trip on a 10-seater jet plane from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon.  The plane was so small, flimsy, light and shaky like mad…. I could even see that the door was locked only by a simple ledge.  I felt extremely unsafe and I could sense the rest of the passengers felt the same way too, judging by the colour on their faces.  The shaky ride made a young girl sitting behind my hubby felt sick and wanted to puke while my hubby was snoring loudly in front of her.  Try to ask Pete about Hoover Dam…. He “slept over” it.  He missed all the  scenic view along the way!!

I have been to Grand Canyon, but where the hell is Hoover Dam?
Phew!! I survived the scary plane ride :D
#3   British Rail

He used to work in London.  One day, on his way to work on a British Rail, the train was packed.  He was standing with one hand holding on the handrail and the other hand carrying his briefcase.  The motion of the train made him fell asleep with standing position.  He didn’t realize till his briefcase suddenly dropped loudly on the floor.  He opened his eyes and all the passengers were staring at him (luckily I was not there, so embarrassing :D).

#2   MRI Scan

Most people would normally feel claustrophobic in an MRI scanning machine but my hubby FELL ASLEEP INSIDE MRI SCANNING MACHINE!!!!  Can you believe that??!!  Half way through the scanning, the doctor could hear him snoring and had to wake him up by saying, “Mr Cheah, please don’t sleep.  The result won’t be accurate if you fall asleep.”  Oh my goodness…..

Can a normal person fall asleep inside such a scary machine?
#1  Strip Show

The best of the best – he FELL ASLEEP DURING A STRIP SHOW in Las Vegas and we were sitting RIGHT in the FIRST ROW!!!!  When the girls stripped naked literally (seriously TOTALLY STARK NAKED!! ), he was snoring beside me!  I “elbowed” him throughout the show, whispered, “Don’t sleep!!  The girls are stripping.  Show some respect!!!  They can see you!!”  He opened his eyes for a while…. Then slowly closed back again.


"WAKE UP!! Don't be rude!"



Whenever and wherever.... :)




22 comments:

PeterCheah said...

Garfield was jealous of me... ;))

shirleyc said...

I am jealous of you too :)

Hana said...

LOL this is the funniest thing I've read in ages, Shirley :) kudos... And the Macau-HK typhoon ferry trip reminds me of a certain Bible story where Jesus was in a boat on the lake with his disciples and a storm was brewing. Jesus was the only one asleep while the rest of the crew and passengers panicked!

J.E.(Eddie) said...

Wakakaka! That's what happens when testosterone level dropped. I dare him to fall asleep while making love. :))

shirleyc said...

Hana - He said Jesus is his close relative. He used to call Jesus everyday. I'll show you on FB :D

Eddie - if he does, I'll rank that #1 :D

LiCin said...

this is classic peter cheah story hahahaaa....well written ;)

shirleyc said...

Thanks Licin :)

Au Kar Wai said...

One of man's weakness is the temptation to sleep wherever whenever!

shirleyc said...

huh? i thought a man's weakness is something else ;p

Au Kar Wai said...

Man's got lots of weaknesses which "something else" and sleepin' is part of that list! ;p

shirleyc said...

:D

PeterCheah said...

Haha... these stories remind me that l need to go for more holidays so that more funny stories to entertain you guys ... ;))

shirleyc said...

yeah... you're absolutely right!! :D

維維恩 said...

now only i know... ahahahaha.... very classic!!!

Good writing Shirley ;)
btw, you drew tht strip show cartoon?

shirleyc said...

thanks Vivian :)
So, my drawing nice or not? :D

LeRann . said...

nice one :)

shirleyc said...

Thanks, Crazzy Bumm :)

sylvia ang said...

lolx!!! peter, my salute to u!!!! i think the MRI is the best!!! im sure ur doc is shock too!!! :P

PeterCheah said...

Sylvia, you are welcome, more to come ..
;))

Terry Cralle said...

Are you sure he does not have a sleep disorder? Get him tested! :)

Anonymous said...

Uѕually I do not learn post on blogs, but Ι wοuld like to say that thіs ωrite-up very forcеd mе to taκе a look
at and dо sο! Your writіng taste has beеn amazеd mе.
Thank you, quite nіce post.

My webpage Augen Lasern

Anonymous said...

Hiya. I noticed your blog title, "Blogger: NO BOUNDARIES" does not really reflect
the content of your
site. When
creating your site title, do you think it's most beneficial to
write it for Website positioning or for your readers? This is something I've been struggling
with mainly because I want great search
rankings but at the same time I want the best quality for my site visitors.


Feel free to visit my site ... difference between power wheelchairs and scooters