Tuesday, May 24, 2011

To Respect GOD

Christmas 2004, my husband and I traveled to Singapore to attend his youngest sister’s wedding.  We didn’t want to squeeze ourselves in his sister’s apartment with other relatives, so, we glamorously checked into the wedding dinner venue ie the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Orchard Road a day before with a single objective - to “just attend the wedding dinner” (this was according to my husband, he was the point of contact of all communication).

We went out for Christmas count down in Orchard Road and we slept late that night.  

The next morning, we got a call from his brother aka my brother-in-law.

Bro-in-law :  Hey, we are all in the church now. How come you guys are not here yet?

My husband (blur as usual) : Huh? What? Church?

Bro-in-law :  Church wedding mah…. You don’t know meh? The ceremony is going to start soon….

Realized that he missed out the communication on the church wedding part, he got the address from my bro-in-law, put down the phone.  After a round of complaining about the miscommunication and “kena” 9_9 by the wife (aka me), we quickly rushed to get ready.  

Attending church wedding was not in my original itinerary, therefore I didn’t pack any special attire for the event.  I am a free thinker and I didn’t have much experience going to church or for church wedding, so, I asked my Christian hubby, “What should I wear to attend a church wedding?” 

My hubby answered seriously, “Church is a serious place, to respect GOD, you must not wear something too revealing.  No spaghetti strap.” 

“Huh? So not sexy then.” I was a bit disappointed.   

“Emmm… a simple t-shirt and jeans can?” 

“Perfect.” My hubby replied.

We took a taxi to the church.  Obviously, we were very late.  Once we reached the entrance, the door was suddenly wide opened.  We heard a joyful laughter from the bride and her bridesmaids.  We could see the beautiful bride in her sexy low cut and bareback white wedding gown and a group of beautiful bridesmaids in their cream colour sexy spaghetti strap dresses running out from the main church door.

The gorgeous bride and her bridesmaids in their sexy gown :)

Looking at my husband, my face turned black. I grumbled, “You said to respect GOD cannot wear sexy? ”   

Looking back at me, he felt sorry and tried to console me, “Ahhaha…. May be Singapore church is different.  Don’t worry,  my sis-in-law is very conservative, I am sure she wear something more sombre than you.” …… 9_9 and =3=.

When we walked into the church, my face became darker coz almost all the ladies were in their spaghetti strap tops or nice flowing low-cut dresses.  I quickly glanced through the audience trying to find my sis-in-law… and you know what?  My so called “very conservative” sis-in-law was in her black tube top with her beautiful BARE shoulders exposed.  Even my really conservative mother-in-law, she looked so happening and gorgeous in her pink cheong sum.  I felt totally under-dressed and out of place.  More 9_9 9_9 9_9 and =3= =3= =3=.  Husband tried to explain, “Heehee… sorry ya, too long didn’t come to church.  I think now modern already lah :p.”  I was speechless….

All beautiful ladies in their sexy dresses and take a look at my so called "conservative" sis-in-law, she was in her sexy black tube top!!
All my sis-in-laws in their sexy dresses.
Eldest brother and his family. Even my "Tai Soh" was also in her sexy white top!!

Throughout the event, people could actually spot a lady in her totally “out” fashion with her very long and black face hiding herself quietly at one corner of the church.
Can you spot a "black face" lady sitting at the corner? :D
Luckily I was prepared for the dinner... see, I was happy and confident if I dress according to the event. Btw.... spotted a fat rain deer behind a group of sexy ladies :D

5 comments:

Angie said...

Love your humor!!!

shirleyc said...

Haha... Thanks, Angie :D

PeterCheah said...

Am l a prude... ??? ;))

shirleyc said...

You are old school :D

維維恩 said...

ahahaha! tell Peter God wants us to be sexy and happy :p