Sunday, May 8, 2011

“Ah B”

My daughter has certain “emotional attachment” with her pacifier.  She can’t live without the little thingy since I introduced it to her on 1 December 2008 while she was 3 weeks old (an easy way out to calm a crying baby and get her to sleep... guilt :().   She even has a nick name for her pacifier once she learned how to make “noises”, she named her pacifier “Ah B” (=.=!).

She loves her “Ah B”, but she doesn’t really take care of them because she clearly knows that once the old one spoiled, she will always get a new one coz her daddy pampers her a lot. 

Especially during her teething months, she would just bite and bite till the teat of her “Ah B” brakes into two.  Her record was one new “B” per day.  Imagine how much damage was done to the parents’ pocket :(.

All her broken “Ah Bs”… RM16.45 each (about 100 of them) … heavy investment :’(
Last Christmas, she received a very precious Christmas present from her BFF, Uncle Charles – more than 30 pairs of “Ah B” :-O.  It happened that her Uncle Charles went to London last year and coincidentally Mothercare was having massive sales.  All Avents pacifiers were slashed down to 50%.  Knowing his BFF loves her “Ah B” so much, he actually “sapu” all the pacifiers on the shelve (faint*).  When my little girl opened the pink box under the Christmas tree and saw the whole box full of “Ah Bs”, I could see stars sparkling in her eyes and she cried out “AH…. BEEEEE…..” passionately and embraced her present (my little drama queen – mummy shook head and rolled-eyes.)    
               
She is now 2½YO, her “Ah Bee” is still sticking in her mouth.  I wonder when she can leave her “Ah B” behind…..  We tried to stop her from taking her “Ah B” but failed coz she will just highjack “Ah B” from her little cousin (~.~!) 

4 comments:

Au Kar Wai said...

Hahaha it reminds me of how I use to collect the little cards with cartoons (we called it "pakau" cards!) that I normally buy when I followed my mother to the wet market in Sea Park as a little child! ;)

shirleyc said...

I am sure the little card won't cost you RM16.45 each :(

Eddie Lee said...

While u were out, daddy had secretly suck on Ah B. That's why they got worn out so often. :)))

shirleyc said...

hmm... possible...