Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bolster

When I was young, I was “assigned” to share a queen size bed with my younger sister in a room.  Initially, we were given two pillows and one big bolster to be shared.  How to share one bolster?  So, we fought every night for the bolster.  Mum was busy every night trying to sort us out (we got canned every night  :D).  In order to solve the problem, she made us another new big bolster.

After handing the new bolster to us, mum happily thought she had solved the problem and was able to have a goodnight sleep since then.  Unfortunately the new bolster couldn’t satisfy the two little devils, we fought again!!  We fought for the old bolster coz the new bolster was too hard and not nice to cuddle :D

Back to square one, mum was still very busy sorting us out every night.  Those day, very often you’d see my mum holding a cane hiding at the side of our room entrance, spying for the culprit who started the fight :D.


The fight was going on till I had my very own room. After that, my sister was “assigned” to share room with my youngest brother.  The fight continued there.  Poor little girl :D

2 comments:

adriana said...

Sounds very familiar. I too had a fight with my sister over a bolster. Mind you it was the old kapok bolster, very comfy indeed. We were to share the same bolster. Again, question : How to share one bolster??? Then came the night when there was no compromise...both of us tugged the caseless ageing bolster with all our might...until it began to rip. Kapok fluff was all over the bed and it ended into a messy bolster fight. What a rush.

www.minakshi.asiseeit.blogspot.com said...

Shirley reading your writing really interesting. You hv shared about your family kids n hubbys . Mine more Tommy personal experiences n feelings. You are nnwere a runner thats good i'm a runner also. I run 19km ,20 km nnfull marathon. But Time being running my Teaching n daily chores..