Wednesday, September 28, 2011

YO!! What's Up?? :D

My daughter has been calling me “yoyee” or "yo" since she was 2.  She is now almost 3 and able to construct quite a good sentence such as “Wow!! Great playground!” (when I brought her to see her potential playschool) or “Baby’s creation” (when she finished baking a new cake on iPad) or “Wow!! This is tasty!” (when she’s enjoying her M&M), etc….. but she is still calling me “YOYEE”!!!

We keep asking her why I am “yoyee”, of coz she doesn’t know how to answer us at this stage.  We actually found out that she pronounces “M” as “Y”.  

Monkey = Yonkey

Mei Mei (her cousin) = Yei Yei

Mickey Mouse = Yickey Youse

Minnie Mouse = Yinnie Youse

Chipmunk = Chipyunk

That’s why I am either “yoyee” or “YO!!”.

Because of her, all my friends started calling me “yoyee” as well, I actually quite like the nick name :).   

My dad aka Kate’s grandpa who doesn’t understand English, keep asking her, “Why are you calling your mummy ‘鱿鱼’ (squid)? ” :D


P/s : Daddy is very jealous coz I got a very unique and exclusive nick name from her just like her “Ah B” :D. 

1 comment:

Hana said...

it's a term of affection