Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snake & Bomba

About three years ago, one particular evening, Peter, Kar Wai and I were chilling at home.  At about 1am,  I was hungry, so I decided to cook Maggi Mee.   

When I was about to unlock the grill door from kitchen to backyard (our gas stove is outside at the backyard), I saw something unfamiliar slithering along the door grill to the window frame.  I was taken aback and to my horror, I saw a snake about three feet long, yellow with black spots lying at our window frame.  I immediately shut the door and alerted the two men in the living hall.

After a short discussion, we decided to call the Bomba for help.  I was still hungry, I changed to cook my Maggi using microwave oven instead which is placed inside the kitchen. Kar Wai was assigned to keep an eye on the snake in order to keep track on its’ movement, while Peter called the Bomba.

Peter, “Hello, ini bomba ke?”
Bomba, “Ya, apa hal?”
Peter, “Rumah saya ada ular lah.  Boleh tolong tangkap?”
Bomba, “Boleh. Alamat mana?”
Peter, “Bangsar, Jalan LP.  Tapi ular kecil sahaja, tak payah ramai orang, dua, tiga orang datang cukup lah.”
Bomba, “Okie.”

20 minutes later, we heard a loud siren and a huge fire engine stopped right in front of our house.  Luckily Peter managed to rush out on time to stop it from waking up the neighbours. When the fire engine door opened, 12 fully geared fire fighters jumped down and marched into our house.  WOW!! That was totally unexpected. We wanted to keep it “low profile” coz it was quite embarrassing :D.

Anyway, we showed them the location of the snake and they caught it “live” easily.  They told us that was a young snake and the beautiful yellow bamboo trees at our backyard were the snakes’ favorite hangout.  I was quite worried, I asked them using my broken Bahasa, “Jika ibu papa ular datang how ah?” “You panggil kita lagi lah.”  Haha!! I love firemen from that moment onwards.  I can see how serious they were and the happiness showed on their face while they got the snake.  They left our house happily.  I wonder what they would do to the snake.

The fire fighters made a grand entrance to our house. A blur picture captured coz the scene was too grand, my hands shook :D

P/s : to call fire department in Malaysia, just dial 911.

No comments: