Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Farewell To My Favorite Denim Shorts


Before I say goodbye to my most favorite denim shorts :’(, I must write about its stories.  

This is my most favorite denim shorts:


Lately, it became so torn that it attracted a lot of comments.

My brother, “Wah… jie, your pants becomes shorter now.”

My sis, “No money buy pants ah?”

A random guy in salon, “Your jeans, is it originally torn like that when you bought it?  It’s nice, very natural… very difficult to get this torn.”  Of coz it’s natural lah…. It tears naturally after more than 10 years of wear and tear.

One of my guy friends, “Ooh…. Very sexy…”

My hubby, “DON’T THROW IT AWAY!!  It’s my favorite denim shorts!”  Huh?? YOUR denim shorts??

The most entertaining one was my mum, “Your pants….. do you need help to patch it?”

My answer always is, “Don’t you ever touch my jeans!! This is fashion! You can’t buy this type of torn with money!!”

My ex-boyfriend (aka my husband now :D) bought this denim shorts for me from Sungai Wang in year 1999 (wow!!! 12 years!!).  We were there doing CNY shopping, he saw this particular denim shorts and insisted that l try it and it'd look sexy on me.  I refused coz I didn’t have the intention to buy shorts.  So we left the shop.  But I could sense the surrounding atmosphere changed…. My ex put on his long and black face the whole afternoon after I refused to buy the denim.  This was so rare coz he is normally quite cool about things and I didn’t expect he got angry on such a small matter.  To ease the situation, I told him, “Okay, okay, we go back and buy the shorts.” (What the heck, anyway, it’d be a free new shorts to me :D)  Then only he showed me his smile.  Walked back all the way to the shop (honestly I couldn’t remember which shop loh…. But he could remember  woh) and bought the denim shorts.

After wearing a few times, I fell in love with it.  My denim shorts followed me everywhere l go, from KL to London, Paris, Nice, Italy, LA, Vegas, Australia, Bali, etc.

London Tower Bridge in 1999
Paris Eiffel Tower, 1999 - Wah... last time so romantic one ah? :D
Las Vegas, 2001
Bali, 2001
Summer @ Cannes, 2003
A small little castle near Cannes, 2003
Venice St. Marco Square, 2003
Pisa The Leaning Tower, Italy 2003
Gold Coast, 2006

Brisbane, 2006
 
There was a downturn once, I almost gave up this denim shorts 2 years ago after giving birth to Kate.   I was fat!!  I couldn’t wear most of my pants, of coz that including my favorite denim shorts.  I was so deeply depressed and wanted to pack all my pants to give them away. I wanted to change my entire wardrobe.  My husband stopped me.  My girlfriends advised me, “Don’t buy any new pants!!! You will be able to get back your shape and wear all your old pants again.”  Yes!! Girls, you are right!! Eventually I was able to fit in all my old pants :).  I was over joyed once I could fit into my favorite denim shorts again :).

12 Years, from a proper denim shorts to a very torn jeans.  After receiving all positive and some not so positive comments,  I actually did a few rounds of “careful inspections”…. Perhaps it’s almost time to say goodbye :’((.

My favorite denim shorts ….. I’ll remember you for life… sob, sob…  :’((….

3 comments:

Au Kar Wai said...

Good riddance denim shorts!

維維恩 said...

Don't throw it, frame it up dear, since it give u so much memories...

shirleyc said...

yeah... planning to do so :)