Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

On this Valentine’s Day, I am going to write about a very special person to me.

I met this person back in 1995, I was a secretary then in this company.  One day, my HR colleague who was sitting beside me told me that there’d be a Chinese lawyer joining our company, quite good looking and the most exciting thing was he was still single :D.   Just like all other single girls, I was  kind of “looking forward” to see this new colleague although I didn’t like lawyers at all because I thought they were all cunning and very arrogant.

On that particular day, my HR colleague brought in this guy, introduced him to me.  Inside my heart I told myself, “Ah…. not bad looking, but a bit short, definitely not my cup of tea :D.”  To be honest, my dream guy was 6’ tall with good looking face.

This new colleague was arranged to be seated in the room behind me.  After knowing him, I started to change my view towards lawyers…. At least there was one nice lawyer.  My boring secretary’s life became colourful after he joined the company :). 

6 months later, I was so hesitated whether to go out with him “officially” or not because he was really not my cup of tea although he is a super nice guy and a wonderful valentine.  My dream was to be able to use my 2 hands to hug my boyfriend around his neck and hang myself onto his body whenever we kiss.  But I see this guy “eye to eye” :(.  Finally, I made my decision based on my girlfriend, Priscilla’s advice, “Why is his height so important to you?  Anyway, when lying down, everybody is the same. ”.  Thanks, Priscilla, you are so right :D.

4 years later, I married a lawyer and I see my husband “eye to eye” :D  No regrets coz I think my husband is the funniest guy in the world and I am the luckiest person to have him coloring my every normal day :D

My Valentine's Day cards collection - We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day coz everyday is Valentine's day if we are happy together.  We like to buy cards for each other.

I think he must be loving this card so much that he bought me the same card twice :D

My valentine - better looking 16 years ago :D
 
On this Valentine’s Day, I want to dedicate my favorite love song to my husband :D  I can so imagine him frowns and gives me “rolled-eyes” coz this song irritates him :D hahaha!!! But I don’t care.  We must share everything in life :D.  


5 comments:

PeterCheah said...

Thank you Valentine, my face all red now, we will celebrate in secret ... ;))

shirleyc said...

heehee.... you welcome. we celebrate everyday wah :D

cindy said...

awwww......sweet =)

huikhee and yoonlai said...

So sweet!!! 祝你俩东方情人节快乐!

shirleyc said...

Thanks, Cindy, Hui Khee & Yoon Lai :)